Call Today!


Three Fatal New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accidents Overnight

New Jersey experienced three fatal motor vehicle accidents last night in separate incidents reported on their roadways.  The details of each accident remain under investigation, but a report in the Brick, NJ Patch confirms that tow of the fatal accident occurred on the Garden State Parkway, while the other occurred on I-295.  The Garden State Parkway accidents involved a 5-car pile up and a dump truck rear-ended by a passenger vehicle.  The accident on I-295 involved a tractor trailer flipping over and landing on another vehicle.

Whenever fatal accidents such as those mentioned above are reported, the question arises whether the survivors have grounds to bring a lawsuit on behalf of the deceased.  Such a lawsuit is commonly referred to as a "Wrongful Death" lawsuit.  To have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit, the victim's family must be able to prove that the responsible party acted negligently. For the responsible party to have acted negligently, they must have had a duty of care-a legal responsibility to act with a degree of caution when performing potentially dangerous actions-to the victim. The responsible party acted negligently if they violated their duty of care. Additionally, the victim's family must be able to prove that the responsible party's negligence was the direct cause of death. Furthermore, the victim's death must have inflicted either economic or non-economic damages on their family.

At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool our wrongful death lawyers have decades of combined experience handling wrongful death claims in both New York and New Jersey. We understand all of the time constraints posed by the statute of limitations. Our attorneys file all of our clients' claims in a timely manner so that they may be eligible to receive compensation for the damages caused by their loved one's death.

If someone you love has unexpectedly died, Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool will give you a free consultation to see if you have grounds for a lawsuit. To see if compensation is available to you, call 212-406-1700 or fill out our case review form.