Call Today!

212.406.1700

Recent Posts in Burn Injury Category

  • Fire in Times Square Restaurant Injures Two

    Fires are a dangerous reality in New York City given the number of buildings and large population. Early in the morning, more than 200 firefighters responded to a 3-alarm fire, which began around 4:47 a.m. at an 11-story building on 48th Street and 7th Avenue. According to a report by CBS New York , the fire started in the ductwork of a Times Square restaurant called "TSQ Brasserie." Two injuries ...
    Continue Reading
  • Baby Killed, Two Adults Critically Injured in Brooklyn Building Fire

    Once again, a serious fire has been reported in New York City resulting in the death of a 1-year old baby and critical injuries to two adults. This time, the fire apparently started inside an apartment on the 13th floor of the Howard Houses on Mother Gaston Boulevard in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn as reported by CBS New York . There was serious fire, smoke and water damage to the building. ...
    Continue Reading
  • Two Children Sustain Life-Threatening Burns in Bronx Radiator Steam Explosion

    Winter time in New York often results in increased reports of explosions from radiators, boilers and steam pipes in apartment buildings due their increased use as the weather gets colder. A tragedy was reported by the New York Daily News involving a radiator explosion in a Bronx apartment on Hunts Avenue near Lafayette Avenue in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx. Two young girls, both under the ...
    Continue Reading
  • Fire in Brooklyn RIps Through Two Buildings and Results in Death of One Person, Injuries to Others

    Fire accidents occur in New York with an overwhelming propensity and are among the more devastating incidents to New York City Residents. On Tuesday night, according to a report by the New York Post , a fire in Brooklyn damaged two buildings in the Cypress Hills section. The fire broke out just before 9 p.m. in a vacant three-story building at 420 Lincoln Avenue and quickly spread to an adjacent ...
    Continue Reading
  • Samsung Smartphone Burns 6-year Old Brooklyn Boy

    In a follow-up to a recent Blog post, and in furtherance of reports concerning Samsung phones, a report from CBS New York reveals that a 6-year old Brooklyn boy was burned while playing a game on his grandmother's Samsung Galaxy Core cell phone. As described by his mother, the boy was playing on the phone, which was not being charged at the time, when the phone burst into flames. The little boy ...
    Continue Reading
  • Samsung Galaxy Note7 and the Exploding Battery

    While the details of an obvious recall are being worked out, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to turn the off and to stop charging and using them. The risk of fire and explosion associated with the battery for the popular cell phone is a great risk to the health and safety of the consumer. In a report by ABC News , the dangers and ...
    Continue Reading
  • Six Children Injured by Electrical Shock at Connecticut Boardwalk Ride

    The summer months continue to provide examples of negligence and improper maintenance concerning amusement parks, carnivals and other seasonal attractions. In a report by the New York Daily News , on Tuesday, 6 children received electrical shocks from a Boardwalk ride at Ocean Beach Park in New London, Connecticut. All were rushed to the hospital, with one child suffering burns to his hand from ...
    Continue Reading
  • Three People Injured in Fire at Lower Manhattan Skyscraper

    A fire in a New York City skyscraper is a serious and potentially deadly occurrence. On Tuesday, August 9, 2016, a fire broke out around 10:15 a.m. in a 12th floor machinery room in a skyscraper at 30 Broad Street near Exchange Place. According to a report by CBS New York , the New York City Fire Department had 26 units and 84 firefighters at the scene. A spokesman from the FDNY said three people ...
    Continue Reading
  • E-Cigarette Battery Explosion Seriously Burns British Man

    A British man sustained serious burn injuries when the battery of his e-cigarette exploded while in his pants causing them to catch fire. He sustained serious burn injuries to his leg necessitating skin graft surgeries and leaving him with permanent scarring . Consumer products have become remarkably safe over the years, but there is still the potential for certain products to cause injury to ...
    Continue Reading
  • Gas Grill Injury & Burn Injuries in NYC

    In December, ESPN Anchor Hannah Storm was cooking dinner on a propane gas grill in her home when she noticed that the grill had gone out. Storm went to relight the grill, triggering an explosion so loud her neighbor thought a tree had fallen on the house. The grill doors blew off and a ball of fire exploded in Storm’s face, causing her to suffer first and second degree burns on the face and neck. ...
    Continue Reading
Page 1 of 1